The Techline contemporary wall bed has been modernized from the 1900’s U.S. invention by W. L. Murphy which is widely known as the “Murphy bed”
The Techline contemporary wall bed has been modernized from the 1900’s U.S. invention by W. L. Murphy which is widely known as the “Murphy bed”. A Murphy wall bed is a bed that swings up or folds into a closed or cabinet when not in use.
Techline’s contemporary furniture products have been engineered for compatible configurations incorporated with the Murphy wall bed, either as a vertical hide-a-way bed or horizontal fold-up. To provide total comfort without sacrificing space, this cabinet will accommodate a mattress and bedding when closed.
Manufactured in the USA, Techline contemporary furniture uses quality materials and precisely engineered mechanisms to ensure a superior product to include:
- A tubular steel footboard acts as a handle during operation, solidly supports the end of the bed while in use and prevents the mattress from shifting while closing the bed.
- Steel springs ensure smooth effortless action over years of use, rarely requiring future adjustment.
- Springs can be adjusted to the weight of mattress for assisted closing.
- Wood laminated curved slats provide smooth spring support
Available in thirty standard finishes. Our multiple pull options provide a secure handhold for opening the bed. To add a personal touch, a built in headboard with a five inch shelf provides space for personal items in the open or closed position. A full back panel encloses the cabinet, keeping it free of dust when not in use.
These features of our wall bed reflect the integrity of our craftsmanship.
- A comprehensive 5-year warranty from Techline guarantees that the products we manufacture will be covered, should any defect in material or craftsmanship be found during normal usage.
This space enhancing wall bed is a comfortable and welcoming convenience for the guest or the occasional returning children.